We are very pleased to announce that 2.8.0 is now GA . This release includes several new features and improvements as well as key bug fixes. Here is the list of key features and improvements:
- Early access support for Pure FlashBlade as a Direct Access filesystem. With this feature, Portworx directly provisions FlashBlade NFS filesystems, maps them to a user PVC, and mounts them to pods. Reach out to your account team to enable this feature.
- Early access support for Pure FlashArray cloud drives. Use FlashArrays as a cloud storage provider. Reach out to your account team to enable this feature.
- Snapshot optimization using extent metadata: Reduce the amount of data sent to your cloud storage provider when taking cloud snapshots.
- SkinnySnaps: improve the performance of your storage pools when taking volume snapshots.
- Sharedv4 service volumes: improve fault tolerance by associating sharedv4 volumes with a Kubernetes service.
- You can now install Portworx on Nomad with CSI enabled.
- Install and scale a Portworx cluster on VMware Tanzu with CSI.
- With Pure1 integration, Portworx can now automatically upload it’s diags to Pure Storage’s call home service called Pure1 .
Portworx has upgraded or enhanced functionality in the following areas:
|Improvement Number||Improvement Description|
|PWX-20720||Portworx now supports SharedV4 volumes on VMware Photon hosts|
|PWX-20131||You can now resize disk pools with disks of size 32TiB on Azure for up to 32TiB.|
|PWX-20060||The Portworx spec generator now creates the GA/v1 API version of the CSI VolumeSnapshot CRDs.|
|PWX-18845||Portworx now supports Amazon General Purpose SSD volumes (gp3).|
|PWX-10281||The Portworx CSI driver now supports Raw Block volumes for RWO PVCs.|
|PWX-20102||Licensing improvement: Autopilot licenses are now automatically included with all Portworx Enterprise licenses, including floating licenses.|
|PWX-19553||Alerts now bypass the API queue. As a result,
|PWX-19496||Kubernetes PVCs will now get created by the CopyOnWrite on demand setting by default.|
|PWX-19340||Volumes can now be tagged for automatic
|PWX-19320||Portworx CSI Driver volumes will now be rounded up to the nearest GiB to match the Portworx in-tree volume plugin. This change only occurs for new volumes and volume size updates.|
|PWX-20803||Added photon support for pool caching. Portworx will try to install the required packages if enabled.|
|PWX-20527||The maximum number of cloud drives per node (not per pool) has increased from 12 to 32. Note that specific cloud providers may impose their own limits (remaining at 12), and that there are still limits per pool that may come into effect sooner.|
|PWX-20423||Sharedv4 Export Options Improvements: The storage class option
|PWX-20204||For cloud drive, the requirement to specify
|PWX-18529||Portworx will now report back home in trial license installations|
Full list of details on features and key fixes are described here